Thank you for attending our Awakening the Dreamer workshop. On this page, you will find all of the resources from our time together as well as how to continue your engagement and commitment moving forward.
- Resources from the workshop:
- Main presentation. This is a smaller and edited version of the presentation created by the Pachamama Alliance (primarily to accommodate the format of an online discussion)
- It’s Home. (1:50) It’s the third planet from the sun—a tiny blue sphere spinning through a moment in time—a remarkable place that was kind enough to yield just the right elements to sustain a phenomenon called life where each creature is as unique as this world we call home…
- The Pachamama Alliance Story. (4:42) In 1995, a call issued forth from the heart of the natural world that was heard thousands of miles away by a small group of people in the modern world. In the summer of that year, in a remote village in the rainforest, these two worlds came together, and the Pachamama Alliance was born.
- Where are We? (14:28) Given that our purpose is bringing forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, and socially just human presence on this planet – the first question to ask is, “Where Are We?” In other words, what kind of world is our modern way of life actually producing in terms of our relationship with the natural world, with one another and with ourselves?
- How Did We Get Here? (8:29) We have seen how our modern way of life is not sustainable. In order to change the direction we’re heading, we need to understand how we got here in the first place. How did the human species become such a destructive presence on the planet?
- Interconnected. (6:38) Of all the countless assumptions that make up our modern industrial worldview, there is one that is primary and all encompassing: The assumption that we are separate – from everyone and everything.
- All are One . (1:01) Yo, listen up! This is your home, it’s the only one you’ve got.
- What is Possible Now? (11:37) In turbulent times, when divisions and regressive policies threaten progress, and problems seem daunting, is it still possible to see our way to a just and sustainable future?
- What Did You Do Once You Knew? (4:12) You know that an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, socially just future is possible, and that around the world more and more people are waking up to this compelling vision. And so, the question arises: What part do we play in this great unfolding story? Where do we go from here? Where do you go from here?
- What’s Next for You? (3:48) So what’s up for you? What’s next for you? What’s yours to do? We recommend sharing this with people, talking to other people, embodying this in the way you live and work but really getting in communication with other people. Once you share something it goes deeper for you, you start to own it more. And in so doing you yourself will become more awake. It will really serve you as well as them.
- The Game Changer Intensive. (1:33) Imagine an online course that could transform your concern for the world into effective action…and you could start now, right from your own home.The Game Changer Intensive delves into the systems and structures that stand in the way of a just, sustainable and fulfilling future – and at what you can do to change the game.
- Hope. (3:26) The kind of hope that I often think about…I understand above all as a state of mind, not a state of the world. Either we have hope within us, or we don’t It is a dimension of the soul. Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.”
- Credits. (1:26) It takes a village and, in this case, a big one to create something special. See all the people behind “Awakening the Dreamer”.
- Original presentation from The Pachamama Alliance (v4.1). This is the original version of the presentation as it was created by the The Pachamama Alliance with all of the videos embedded so IT’S BIG (over 2 GB).
- Conveners Manual (v 4.1). All the notes, references, transcripts and resources behind the Awakening the Dreamer Symposium.
- All videos and files. If you want to download everything easily to your local computer, this link makes it easy. There are other files as well which might be helpful if you are planning on hosting your own workshop or reviewing the materials.
- Imagine the Future with Xiye Bastida One of the main exercises we do in Awakening the Dreamer is to imagine our future as we want it to be. In this video, climate activist Xiye Bastida invites you to imagine the future we must – and can – create (with the help from the movie 2040).
- Pachamama Alliance Resources:
- Awakening the Dreamer Next Steps. Congratulations! You have joined hundreds of thousands of people from over 100 countries who have experienced Awakening the Dreamer. Here are some offerings from Pachamama Alliance to support you in bringing forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, socially just human presence on this planet going forward.
- The Game Changer Intensive. The Game Changer Intensive is a unique online course that will inspire you and equip you to become a game-changing leader in the world. Over an eight-week period, Intensive participants delve into a wealth of carefully-curated resources—videos, readings, and activities—delivered on a platform that allows you to explore the course content on your own schedule and interact with others in lively online discussions. You can also participate in weekly conversations with a small group of learning partners and join in web gatherings with all participants at the beginning and end of the course.
- Learn and Engage. Pachamama Alliance has created the Up to Us engagement pathway to educate, inspire and engage a critical mass of pro-activist leaders who are committed to bringing forth a thriving, just and sustainable world for all.
- Awakening the Dreamer On-Demand. Take an honest look at the challenging state of the world, reflect, and discover opportunities to create a new future where you have a key role to play. This is a two hour course that you can take at your own pace wherever you like!
- Awakening the Dreamer Training and Resources. All the materials and tips you need to plan, host and present in-person Awakening the Dreamer Symposiums, including the manual and presentation slides for V-4, the latest release. There are also additional materials to train future leaders and trainers as well.
- Donate to the Pachamama Alliance. If you are compelled by the training materials or the mission (or both) of the Pachamama Alliance, you are invited to help keep these kinds of courses and great work protecting the Amazon rain forest going in the future.
Building on this new awareness from the Awakening the Dreamer workshop, you can also see all of the upcoming workshops from Drawdown Seattle here:
There are introductions to Project Drawdown, a Getting into Action series and future Awakening the Dreamer workshops you can invite friends and family to.